Friday, February 17, 2012

Spring 2012 Simplicity patterns!

I have two finished projects awaiting to be posted here.  I just need to get pictures of me wearing them.  So, that is my goal for this long weekend (that and sewing and reading some, of course).  So, I was going to save all of my posting for this weekend (I went to Joann's today and picked up some Simplicity patterns while they were on sale!).  BUT!  While I was procrastinating going to the gym, I discovered that Simplicity just released their Spring collection!  Out of all of the big sewing companies, I like Simplicity the best.  So, I thought it would be fun to post what I found interesting!

Simplicity 1872
I think this is the pattern everyone is going to want this year!  Cynthia Rowley always puts out great designs and I really love this one.  I have one concern, though.  Let me give you a back story.  When I was in high school, I was an extreme hour glass; fast forward 8 years and one baby later, I am now an apple.  So, I am a little worried that this dress will make me look a little pregnant.  BUT!  This is a wrap dress and a pull over dress (!), so this can't not make the list (hooray for double negatives).

Simplicity 1873

This one I thought was really cute.  If you can find a really nice quality print then I think this dress will sing.  I love simple designs because they give you the chance to show off some great fabric.  I love view B and C and those only take 2 to 2.5 yards of fabric.  So, I am thinking that this will definitely make it on my list.

Simplicity 1880
I love this shirt dress pattern because of the nice full skirt.  With my body shape, I love how I look with nice full skirts.  Also, you should know something, I LOVE Kate Middleton.  I love her style.  I should do a blog post on my style.  Anyways, I just love Kate Middleton, and as soon as Simplicity patterns went on sale this fall, I ran out and bought 2145!  I just need to find the perfect navy blue fabric for that dress.  Kate Middleton wore a yellow dress similar to the yellow dress on the pattern envelope (surprise, surprise).  So, yeah, I am most definitely getting this pattern.

Simplicity 1881

Now, I already have a pattern that looks a little like this.  It is Simplicity 3503 (I cannot find a picture of it right now), but I really like the neckline of view B and I love the sleeves that attach to it.  I am not 100% sure that I am going to buy this pattern because it looks so similar to 3503.  BUT!  I have made 3503 three separate times and I wear those dresses all the time.  I actually wore a version of it today when I went to the park with my little one.

Simplicity 1886

Now, when I first started sewing, I would have looked this pattern right over and not given it the time of day.  But, after sewing two Colette Sorbettos, with more on the way, I realized that boxy tops actually look good on me.  Also, this shirt can provide a lot of embellishment opportunities.  I can tell right now, though, that I am going to have to lengthen the shirt.  I can do an ENTIRE post on my body and it's little quirks, but I will save that for another day.


Simplicity 1882
This one I am not sure about, however I do like view B.  I really don't know if I will buy this, but if I happen to find the right fabric for it, I wouldn't mind giving it a shot.

I think my daughter would LOVE one of these dolls.  I would just need to find some high quality felt.  I have yet to run this by Kayleigh, but we will see what she says.

This is another one for Kayleigh I love pretty much every dress.  I will have to run this one by Kayleigh as well.  She is a little fashionista and is VERY particular about the clothes she wears.  She also hounds me about making dresses for her.  I don't make her clothes that often, because she wont wear them.  It's not that she doesn't like them; it's that she likes them TOO much and she doesn't want to get them dirty!  

And, here is a parting shot.  This one made me laugh!  It's not that I wouldn't make it, if I were pregnant or had a baby, I would make this in a heartbeat!  It's just too cute!


Ok, no more stalling, I need to go to the gym...

No comments:

Post a Comment