Thursday, January 17, 2013

We made the buttons on the screen look so good you'll want to lick them

I can't take credit for the title, that is actually from Steve Jobs.  I really can't imagine him saying it, but I thought it was funny. :P

So, why am I talking about buttons??  Well, it's because my darling husband sat down tonight and helped me make my first ever button for the blog!  and by "helped me" I mean he did it and I sat there and said, "I want pink on it"  "We need more colors"  :P  I did do a little bit in photoshop, though.

Anyways!! I have the buttons for the sewalong.  Go ahead and copy and paste 'em to your blog or you can print it out and hang it on your fridge :P whatever works for you.


Gertie's Shirtwaist Dress Sew-Along

Also, I officially started a flickr group so that all of the images are in one spot.  Anyways, I just want a casual sew along, no strict deadlines or anything.  But, if you follow the posts while I post them or follow them a year after the fact, I would love to see anything you made (hence the flickr group).

I am pretty excited, can you tell?  Not going to lie, I think I may be more excited to make another shirtwaist dress...I may have a problem :P

7 comments:

  1. Yay! This is going to be fun- I need more practical/pretty dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your site through Aft Agley - so happy to have found another blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I have been wanting to make the shirtwaist dress ever since I got Gertie's book. It also seems like just the thing to get me back in the habbit of sewing/blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone has a clever hubby!!! The button looks perfect...J

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just got my button posted on my blog. I am very excited about this. Fabric and notions for this project will be about all the spending I will be doing in February because I have to whittle down that stash of fabric I have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just bought my fabric this weekend and I will trace the pattern this week and then...I'll be ready to go! When do we start?

      Delete
    2. My interwebs is down :( and it won't be fixEd until late this week. I'm on my iPhone right now...an old iPhone that doesn't register when I touch the screen sometimes!!! Grrrrr!!!

      Anyways, I was planning on starting on February 4th...so next Monday. But, if you're ready to go the start tracing!! The dress is a dream to put together :)

      Delete